Bathroom Detective


They (and who is this ubiquitous “they” anyway?) say that 40% of people have snooped in someone else’s medicine cabinet. I say that 40% sounds kind of low and if it is a correct percentage the other 60% are lying. Come on and ‘fess up, people! Haven’t we all snooped at one time or another. It’s an irresistible urge that just can’t be controlled. Sure you start out innocently looking for some Tylenol for your “headache” and before you know it you’re checking out which prescription drugs are in the cabinet and speculating why the person you are visiting might need them in the first place.I learned my lesson the hard way that a person’s bathroom medicine cabinet privacy should be respected. True story: I was at a party one time at the home of some friends. The downstairs, guest bathroom was occupied so I slipped upstairs to use the master bathroom. It was clean and nicely decorated; nothing out of the ordinary. I should have washed my hands and just walked away! That inner voice was telling me not to look in places I shouldn’t, but curiosity got the best of me. I was disappointed by the mundane items I found in the medicine cabinet. There would be nothing of interest to share with my husband on the ride home. Well, at least I was going to freshen my breath before heading back downstairs. I grabbed the tube of toothpaste and squeezed a good sized glob on my finger. Then I proceeded to rub my finger across my teeth and swish the “toothpaste” around in my mouth. Wait a minute. Something wasn’t quite right. That had to be the worst tasting toothpaste I had ever put in my mouth. I grabbed the tube and looked at the label; determined to never purchase that brand myself! Oh, my gosh! It wasn’t toothpaste at all. It was diaper rash ointment!

So, the moral of this story is obvious and just for the record, there is not enough water in the world to rinse diaper rash ointment out of your mouth. Happy snooping!

Advertisements

2 Comments

Filed under All About Me, Random Ramblings

2 responses to “Bathroom Detective

  1. amber

    that is so FUNNY! and disgusting.

  2. Anonymous

    Aww! Gross! -Niece

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s