This past Tuesday night a tornado made its way through my Sister’s neighborhood. Thankfully their home only had minor damage. Tomorrow will be a big clean up day and everyone in our family will be there to help.
The aftermath is hard to describe.
- Chain saws buzzing
- News helicopters hovering overhead
- Power company trucks rumbling down the street
- Neighbors’ voices calling to one another
- The sharp, unpleasant smell of pine trees split in half
- Coffee brewing in a pot powered by a neighbor’s generator because the electricity is out
- Trees snapped in half
- Leaves stuck to the houses
- Broken glass
- Hail that hasn’t melted
- Dented cars
- Homes missing parts of their roofs
- Neighbors helping neighbors