Summer is almost gone. The boys will actually start school a week from Monday. I feel a small twinge of guilt because we haven’t been able to find any time to take a vacation together this summer. A lot of other events have taken place though:
- Two weddings – nieces on both sides of our families were married this summer.
- One of those did require a trip to St. Louis. Does that count as a vacation? Didn’t think so.
- Mother-in-law finally agreed to move into assisted living and created more drama than a daytime soap opera.
- Sent three boys to church camps, one to running camp, one volunteered at vacation bible school, one had a summer job, one started piano lessons, one watched too much TV and they all tried to eat me out of house and home.
- Spent a really fun day on the lake with neighbors and friends.
- Lost Hubby’s dear Aunt Barbie after a long battle with COPD. She was a dear lady and she will be missed terribly.
- Applied to go back to college to finish my degree and was accepted.
- Attended my family’s annual reunion. Ate too much.
- Watched my first baby get his high school senior pictures made. Cried a little.
- And watched another summer slide quickly by as our busy lives left no time to mourn its passing.
So much has happened in such a short period of time that I haven’t had a lot of time left over to blog. With school starting back and routines and schedules looming on the horizon, I hope to get back into the groove of writing.
Believe me, I have missed you as much as you have missed me. All two of you that is!
Thanks for sticking with me and while I can’t make any promises, I will try to give my blog more attention.